123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
Jan 18, 2013
Pacific Ship Repair and Fabrication, Inc.
1625 Rigel Street
San Diego, CA 92113
(619) 232-3200 ext. 147
RE: HR Generalist Position
Dear Ms. Houston,
Your willingness to take time out of your busy day on January 18, 2013 to meet with me is greatly appreciated. I really enjoyed speaking with you about the Human Resources Generalist position.
I am very interested in the Human Resources Generalist Position. I understand the importance of the job a HR Generalist performs. My previous experience working as Safety Inspector and OSHA Instructor for Pacific Ship Repair, gave me great office and record keeping experience. I have an excellent track record of completing projects and meeting deadlines. My expertise in adult training and customer service make me a great addition to your team.
Again, I appreciate your time and consideration for this exciting opportunity. Please let me know if I can provide you with any further information about my background or qualifications. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
HR Generalist Cover Letter
Hr Generalists implement human resources programs in a variety of organizations. Specific duties of a Hr Generalist are attracting and retaining talent, processing new employees, administering payroll and benefits, identifying training needs, handling personnel transactions, monitoring employee performance, conducting research, finding ways to reduce costs, and keeping human resources information confidential. They are also required to adhere to legal requirements and to update their legislation knowledge.
Those looking to pursue a career as Hr Generalists should demonstrate the following qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Training and performance management
- Strong communication and people skills
- Project management expertise
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of relevant software
- Conflict resolution skills
- Writing skills for reporting purposes
- The ability to align their activity with business objectives
An example cover letter for Hr Generalist showcasing similar skills is provided beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive HR Generalist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Bettrall:
As a skilled human resources professional with experience in a wide range of HR functions, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. You will find my dedication and enthusiastic attitude to be of value to your company as your next HR Generalist.
My expertise lies in successfully coordinating organizational planning and development through strategic HR initiatives and programs. Throughout my career, I have facilitated staff recruitment, benefits administration, compensation planning, staff and management training programs, and employee relations practices. With complementary skills in process improvement, records management, and team collaboration, I am confident that I can make an immediate and positive contribution to CityScape Technology.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Performing a full range of HR responsibilities—including exempt and non-exempt talent acquisition, payroll and benefits administration, reporting, performance evaluation and coaching, and employee relations concerns.
- Developing and implementing new strategic HR policies and programs while remaining keenly aware of up-to-date industry best practices and market conditions.
- Establishing solid partnerships through exceptional relationship-building skills; utilizing solid communication and interpersonal abilities to secure employee and management trust.
- Implementing effective policies, programs, and initiatives to optimize organizational productivity and boost employee morale and retention.
- Performing numerous, competing tasks while optimizing workflow and maximizing productivity.
My proven dedication to optimizing organizational success through my expert knowledge of human resources operations and strategies will contribute immensely to the success of CityScape Technology. It will be a pleasure to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to meeting with you soon. Thank you for your consideration.
Roderick L. Gilchrist